My wife, secret behind my goals-Obaje.

Searching for more goals for FCIU

FC Ifeanyiubah striker Godwin Obaje has started the league with a bang as he scored his third goal in as many games as he helped the Nnewi side beat Kwara United 2-0 in a week three game of the Nigeria Professional League on Sunday.


Obaje has scored in all the games his side has played this season as he is looking like the striker that won the top scorer award in the 2015/16 season when he banged in 18 goals.



He scored on matchday one against Yobe Desert Stars before another goal in the 2-1 away loss to Niger Tornadoes. Obaje opened the scoring for in Sunday’s game before going off injured.




The phenomenal goals return has sent tongues wagging, a feat, the 21-year-old attributed to his wife whom he got married to a few weeks
ago in a quite ceremony in Kaduna.



Obaje told 9jafooty in Nnewi after the Kwara game that even though he has been working extra hard to replicate his 2016 form, his wife has been a major factor in pushing him to be more clinical in front of goal.



“I’ve been working hard to improve my game and prove that my winning the top scorer award in 2016 was not a fluke. It has always been my duty to score goals and I’ve worked on that during the offseason and I’m glad it is paying off,” Obaje revealed.



“Another key factor for my goals haul so far is my wife. She has been my rock and she always encourages me and inspires me to be the best I can be. My wife is extremely supportive and has been a major source of my goalscoring form.



“She has an unusual way of motivating me. It’s a very odd way but it has worked so far for me.



“Any-time I’m going for a match, she tells me not to call her if I don’t score. In fact when we were dating, if I don’t score in a game she won’t pick my calls. Now she still does the same thing.

Obaje with his wife Camerlita.



“She jokingly tells me not to come home if I don’t score. That is scary for every married man so I try to score in every game. It has worked this season as I have scored in every game so far. Hopefully, that form will continue.” he added.



Obaje limped off injured in the game and early prognosis shows he might miss FC Ifeanyiubah’s next two games.



The Kaduna born striker says he hopes the injury isn't bad because he wants to always be on the pitch to help his team win games.



“I hope the injury is not serious as I want to be on the pitch scoring goals and helping my team win matches.



“I’ve worked hard during the pre-season and I’m glad my hard work is paying off. Three goals in three games is not easy.


In action for FCIU

Scoring in three consecutive games is good for me as a striker as it gives me more confidence. Thank God I started the season on a high and hopefully I will continue that way.” he added.



Obaje is tied on the goalscorers chart with Kano Pillars striker Junior Lokosa who also netted on match day three against Rivers United in Port-Harcourt.



FC Ifeanyiubah is placed third on the 2017/18 NPFL log with six points from three games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia